Built Operate Transfer
Build-operate-transfer or BOT is usually associated with project financing, public-private partnerships and infrastructure. However, build-operate-transfer also refers to an outsourcing model. The more common outsourcing models, such as comprehensive outsourcing, co-sourcing or staff leasing can serve as starting points for building and operating companies’ offshore operations.
When the company is ready to own, fully operate and take over the entity that was erstwhile being managed and controlled by the outsourcing partner, it can do so once it is prepared and makes that decision. The entire operation will then be transferred from the outsourcing partner to the owner company.
In the build stage, the outsourcing company handles all administrative and legal matters, sets up the infrastructure and office spaces, and provides the personnel and other resources.
In the operate stage, the outsourcing company provides and manages services including the range of human resources services (recruitment, training, etc.), finance and accounting (payroll, expenses, etc.), facilities and IT management, quality assurance, and many more.
During the transfer stage, which may come even earlier or later than the contractual period, when the company decides that it can take on, and thus, buy the entire operation, the outsourcing company will support the transition until it is eventually out of the picture.
Clients can realize following benefits by working with BOT model
- Increases Flexibility.
- Reduce Management Overhead.
- Control Costs For Independent Software Vendors And Technology Companies.
- More Flexible Transfer Timing.
- Ongoing Hybrid Management Services.
- Seamless ‘Start Small And Scale As Needed’ Options.
- Offers clients the option to maintain a fully operating subsidiary.
- Increases post transfer management support options.
- Access to outstanding amenities and personnel that reduces your attrition.